Tuesday, November 2, 2010

New Beginning

So many things have changed in the last couple of years. I used to be an avid crocheter and designer, making crochet designs for my girls, designing patterns for magazines, and being contracted to crochet others designs for their books. Since then I have gotten divorced, moved to another state, only see my girls twice a year, and gotten remarried. Without being around my girls, I was not inspired much to crochet or design anything for my website.

I still sell my previous designs and often think back on those times when I would design something for them and go somewhere to take pictures. My girls enjoyed it when I would design something new that they got to wear and model for. My oldest daughter, now 12 years old, suggested to me the other day while talking to her on the phone that I put together a couple of new designs next summer when they come to visit. We talked about a few ideas, and it got me excited about designing again for them. I have thought of a couple of cute ideas and now that my oldest will be 13 next summer, I can work on designs for teens as well which will give more range in sizes on my website.

For all my crochet friends and customers, I thank you for your support over these last few years. I still receive emails about my designs, I still answer crochet questions anyone may have about my patterns or crocheting in general. Sometime soon I plan on putting together some videos on how to crochet some of my designs for beginner crocheters. I know for me, I am a visual learner, seeing how its done helps much more than reading how its done.

Until next time, keep crocheting!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that things are finally looking up for you. I remember from your old blog that you were having quite the tough time for awhile there. Good for you for having the courage and the strength to get back on your feet.

    Best wishes, Hilary (antara)

    ReplyDelete